All the latest HDAV news straight from the team.
March 7th, 2012
Monitor Audio’s Bronze BX2 won the best stereo speakers in the £200-£350 category in What Hifi’s 2011 award. If you’re looking to expand or build your hifi system, this is a great place to start.
Monitor Audio Bronze BX2
Building on what they learnt with their fantastic RX range, monitor audio have improved the motor unit on these speakers to no end. Genius construction is what sets these speakers apart from others in the same price bracket, as it produces phenomenal sound. A single bolt holds mid/bass driver, with no additional fixings to keep vibration leak to a minimum.
Delving into the details we find:
- New C-CAM tweeter has greater sensitivity and a wider bandwidth beyond 30kHz.
- New C-CAM bass and mid-range drivers refined by FEA analysis.
- Single bolt-through drivers.
- Improved cabinet rigidity and stability.
- HiVe II port technology to speed the transit of air from the cabinet, resulting in more dynamic bass.
- High-quality terminal panels blend easy access with high-end functionality.
- Choice of four high quality vinyl wood finish.
Here’s what What Hi Fi? had to say:
“Remarkably detailed and insightful sound for the money.”
“Speedy and agile-sounding.”
“The BX2s are stupendously good and give their price rivals much to worry about.”
-What Hi Fi?
Whether you’re after bookshelf, wall or tabletop speakers, we can’t recommend the BX2s enough – visit us instore or buy from our official reseller website: